The Association has established the Florida State Firefighters Education Foundation, in which we award grants to Florida fire departments, on a yearly basis. It is a new program started in 2004. Each year at our Annual Conference, usually in June, we will award the Grants. They can be used for purchasing new equipment, training, public education, or anything you feel can improve the performance of our department. The process is simple, you fill out the on line form, submit it, and the committee will review and select the recipients.
For information on the current Grants and an application click here.
Sponsorship of Grants
The Florida State Firefighters Education Foundation was established by the Florida State Firefighters’ Association as a vehicle to raise funds for the fire service. The fund is used to offset costs of training, education, equipment purchasing and the general welfare and safety of firefighters. The FSFEF is a 501c3 entity and is registered with the State of Florida as a charitable entity. For more information on donating please contact the FSFA at 1-800-883-4817.
2008 Grant Winners
The following Grants of $2500 were presented to the following departments:
1. Grant-Valkaria VFD – Firefighter I training
2. Jacksonville Fire Rescue Explorer Post 29 – Training
3. St. Cloud Fire Department – Purchase of Knox Boxes
4. Southwest Ranches VFD – Wildland Firefighting Gear
5. Cherry Lake Fire Rescue – Hose Testing
6. Hardee County Fire Rescue Auxiliary – Public Education Relation Supplies
7. West Sebring VFD – Recruiting Web Site, Video to Attract New Firefighters
8. Desoto City VFD – Training
9. Highlands Lakes Fire Department – Brush Firefighting Gear
10. Sebring Fire Department – Public Education Training
2007 Grant Winners
1. West Sebring Fire District – Fire Prevention Awareness – Purchase a “Walk Around Firefighter”
2. St. Cloud Fire Rescue – Fire Safety and Public Education Materials
3. Cherry Lake VFD – Foam and SCBA Bottle for Apparatus
4. Desoto City VFD – Departmental Training
5. Desoto County Fire Rescue – Laptop Computer For report Writing
6. Hardee County Fire Rescue – Hoses, Nozzles and Hose Clamp
7. Highland Lakes VFD – Training laptop Computer and Multimedia Projector
8. Jacksonville Fire Rescue Explorer Post 29 – Training
9. Sebring Fire Department – Brush Firefighting Gear
2006 Grant Winners
The following Grants were awarded in 2006
1. Highland Lakes VFD – To build a Search and Rescue Maze
2. Desoto City VFD – Training for Department Firefighters
3. St. Cloud Fire Rescue – Purchase of Fire Prevention and Public Education Materials
4. Jacksonville Fire rescue explorer Post 29 – Educational Supplies and Uniforms
5. Sebring Fire Rescue – Purchase Brush Gear and Hose For Brush Unit
2005 Grant Winners
The three grant winners, representing their departments, for 2005
The grant winners for 2005 were the West Sebring VFD, Lake Jackson Fire Rescue and Highland Lakes VFD.
2004 Grant Winners
3 of the 6 Grant award winners for 2004.
In 2004 we awarded 6, $500.00 grants, to six Florida fire departments, to assist them in improving their departments.
The Grants were awarded to:
1. Arcadia Fire Department for Public Training and Education. Go go toward the purchase of a laptop and A/V projector.
2. Bayshore Fire Department for Training. To go toward the purchase of a training manikin.
3. Campbellton Volunteer Fire Department for hurricane recovery supplies. For improving their after storm ability to help the community.
4. Highland Lakes Volunteer Fire Department for Training. To assist in the construction of a live burn facility.
5. O’Brien Volunteer Fire Department for personnel safety equipment. This is to be used to purchase personnel safety equipment for the members.
6. West Sebring Volunteer Department for fire scene safety. For the purchase of Personalized Accountability Tags.